TikTok as a medium of video technology?

Yash

Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:14 pm

Getting such a great amount of publicity in India in my view has its own reasons, that is, there are such huge numbers of people who are jobless and doesn't have any work so the best timepass is to watch tik Tok and such a stupid recordings which are made made by such people. tiktok is one of the most entertaining ,enjoyable and addictive app for people , to add to my point the students of my class ,majority of them turn to tiktok when we get a 15min break in between the lectures.
TikTok even sounds weird. Anyhow people not only of India but all around the world are addicted to TikTok. It is not only TikTok but other similar apps where you can be anything like a Singer or an Artist. It is all about mindset and the environment one lives in. Some use these wisely and in limit, but many go beyond the limit and even pay cash for getting Likes, Subscribers, Comments, Shares, Views Times. They pay in real money. That can be termed as Brainwashed or Virtual Fantasy. When I first heard about TikTok, it was like WTH is that. Then after few days saw local people glued to mobiles with TikTok!
Now, this is my point of view of looking at it the way I do. Others may have there own opinion about this and I would respect them too. Lets have a good discussion on this if someone is equally interested in answering this question.

It is not only TikTok but other similar apps where you can be anything like a Singer or an Artist.

TikTok even sounds weird. Anyhow people not only of India but all around the world are addicted to TikTok, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, Candy Crush, Pubg, Talking Tom, Farming Games. Like Video, Selfie Apps!

It is all about mindset. Some use these wisely and in limit but most go beyond the limit and even pay cash for getting Likes, Subscribers, Comments, Shares, Views Times. They pay in real money. That can be termed as Brainwashed or Virtual Fantasy.
narangmohit1

Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:46 pm

These don’t apply to everyone, if you use the app wisely, you should be fine. But here are some disadvantages.

The app is addictive. There is a screen time feature on it though that you can enable if you don’t want you/ your kid to be using it too much.
It takes a while to get the perfect video. It can take multiple tries to make a video, and can waste some of your time.
Swearing. There is swearing on Tik Tok, but it is kept to a minimum. There is also a setting where you can block certain words(so you will not see them