Email automation is an essential process that all marketers should follow today. In addition to that, they must also include Instagram into their email marketing campaign for better results and higher returns.
There are lots of tools and software that will ensure better integration of the two different marketing strategies that individually comes with a lot of benefits.
Proper integration will enable you to reach out to a larger section of your audience as well as high-value prospects.
Therefore, if you are using only email marketing or Instagram marketing for your business and product promotion, it is time to combine the two strategies.
This will help you in lots of ways such as:
- Send personalized messages to your followers for Instagram to turn them into your prospective customers and
- You will also find it easy to target the right audiences with the most relevant content delivered through social platforms.
All you have to do is drive more conversions creating a mobile-responsive design, better email content and include a call-to-action that is always visible whether it is on desktop or on mobile.
You will also need to make sure that you reach your customers when they are most active.
Promote content downloads
You will need to focus on those specific ways in which you can promote downloads of the offers made by you which can come in any form such as:
- White papers and more
When you do this, you will ensure that you achieve your email marketing goals much easily.
This will be even more effective and scalable when you use personalized email automation and will help you to message your users automatically through email, push notifications or by in-app messages.
This will also help you to know the behavioural triggers real-time and capture more and high-quality leads.
Follow the ASA rules
Just like all influencers, all brands and marketers need to follow the ASA rules while posting on Instagram.
The new ASA rules in collaboration with CMA or the Competition and Markets Authority published a guide that will help the social media users to navigate the rules exactly the way that is should.
The rule says that marketers who use celebrities and stars as their influencers to promote their product or brand on social media should make it very clear to the users that they are being paid for it or gifted or loaned the product or even thanked them is an appropriate way.
The new ASA rules, therefore, focus more on the adverts.
There are several stages on which this rule is applied such as:
- First, there is a specific definition as to what will be counted as an advert which can be when a brand pays an influencer precisely for their participation or provision of space in their platform.
- Secondly, the rule also focuses on ‘affiliate marketing’ in which an influencer includes a discount code for a brand in exchange for money and
Lastly, if the brand controls the influencer’s post or instructs what to say and pays for it in cash or kind, the rule also looks into this matter.
Well, the influencers also have to do a few things about the adverts as instructed by the new ASA rules.
It says that while posting an advert, the influencers must also make it very clear in the post caption.
The ASA also specifies and approves the words that the influencers can use to do that such as:
All these words can be used plainly or in a hashtag form.
Getting ads approved for emails
You will also need to get approval for your email contents as well as the ads that you want to post on Instagram or include with your email.
Your ads and emails will not get approved if you do not follow the set standards of the community.
Often it is seen that brands dealing with harmless products get it all wrong with the ad review team simply because it does not comply with the community standards.
These standards include:
- Violence or criminal behaviour that the ads or content involves or any real and credible threat to the community. Your mails and ads will also be banned if it encourages hate, murder, organized abuse, human trafficking or any sort of terrorist activity. In short, it will be banned if it deals with any type of violence.
- Safety, or to be more precise, any text or ad that encourages suicide, self-injury, sexual exploitation, bullying, harassment, battery, slander will be rejected just like those that spread private and confidential information of people without their permission.
Similarly, all objectionable content that raises the question against its integrity and authenticity or violation of intellectual property rights will be banned as well.
That means, if you do not meet the community standards, even any one of it, your ads and emails are not going any far.
Meet the design requirements
Lastly, but most importantly, you must comply with all the design requirements of Instagram to include your ads in your emails.
Ideally, there are two separate ad placements on Instagram, namely, Stories and feed.
In order to make sure that your ads are of high quality and in accordance with the rule of Instagram, remember these following design requirements and recommendations.
First, the size of the image should be according to the format you use.
- If you are using square format then the maximum and minimum resolution of the images should be 600 x 600 pixels and 1,936 x 1,936 pixels respectively
- For landscape images it should be 600 x 315 pixels maximum and 1,936 x 1,936 pixels minimum and
- If you are using vertical format it should be 600 x 750 pixels and 1,936 x 1,936 pixels.
That means, if need be you must crop the images to meet with the specified requirements.
As for the videos, the size should be up to 4 GB and for 120 seconds and the caption length should be within 2,200 characters.
As for the aspect ratio, it should be 1:1 for square, 1.91:1 for landscape and 4:5 for vertical.