Owing to the limited space in apartments, warehouses, factories, or small offices, shops, a wall fan can be an effective solution for cooling and ventilation. Once positioned in a specific location, a wall fan takes up little space, offers a huge amount of air moving power, and its swivel feature helps provide a large area with climate control. In an industrial area where heat, humid air, and dampness are common problems, wall fans prove to be highly useful.
It is a simple process to assemble and install a wall fan, however, it necessitates basic knowledge of electrical wiring along with technical skills. Simple to follow steps for installing a wall fan are given below.
1) Select the Preferred Height
When determining where to position your wall-fan, you must consider critical factors such as children’s protection, visual impact, and air circulation. You will need to mark the region using a pencil or special marker when deciding on what you consider to be the ideal height.
Always make sure that the fan is positioned according to the required height, particularly if you have small children where, for safety reasons, you need to mount it beyond their reach. So, set up the wall fan at a height where it can be easily switched on or off.
2) Find an Electronic Stud Finder
An electronic stud finder is a tool that many professionals rely on to help them identify the robust stanchions that might be within your residence walls. You need to make sure that you use these studs to hang the fan.
3) Install the Wall Fan
- First of all, the wall fan must be mounted by placing the rear-guard over the motor shaft, which ensures that the notches are properly aligned and secure with the locking nut.
- Then, along with the flat part on the motor shaft, you have to position the fan blade and ensure that you have protected it by tightening the blade cap by turning it counterclockwise.
- After that, tie the center hook of the front guard to the middle of the rear guard and secure it by moving the guards together before they lock into place. Then, close the locking clip. For additional safety measures, you should also lock the guard bottom nuts and screws.
- Then, to install the wall fan and secure its mounting plate, locate or repair a stud on the wall. You need to install the mounting bracket connected to the fan’s plate after you have secured the mounting plate.
- Try to find a suitable position and securely connect the wall bracket to the wall, ideally near a power outlet. By moving the notch (at the back of the fan base) onto the bracket, insert the fan onto the bracket. Always remember to ensure that the fan is mounted safely on the frame.
Installing a wall fan is not that hard of a task. You just need to know the right steps. There are various styles of wall fans available in the market. However, you must select one from a trusted brand like Luminous for optimum performance of the wall. They have a wide range of wall fans that comes with various features and aesthetics. One popular choice is Luminous Mojo Plus White Wall Fan that offers a 300mm sweep and 2100 RPM speed. Luminous offers wall fans in both sizes, 300 mm and 400 mm. There also have a variety of color choices. You can explore their other wall fans online and choose the one that suits your requirements the best!