A regular hexagon is a closed shape polygon that will be having six equal sides and six equal angles. In the case of any kind of regular polygon the sides and angles will be equal for example regular pentagon will be having five equal sides and five equal angles. Whenever the arrangement of six equilateral triangles will be undertaken side-by-side then the regular hexagon will be composed and for this purpose people also need to be clear about different kinds of formulas of the area as well as a perimeter in the whole process.
The basic properties of the regular hexagon have been explained as follows:
- The regular hexagon will always have six equal sides and six equal angles
- It will always have six vertices
- The sum of the interior angles of the regular hexagon will be 720°
- Every interior angle of the regular hexagon will be 120° and every exterior angle of the regular hexagon will be 60°
- The regular hexagon will be made up of six equilateral triangles
- Nine diagonals can be easily drawn inside the regular hexagon
- Every side will be opposite to each other and will be parallel in the cases of the regular hexagon which is one of the most important properties which every kid should know.
Kids need to be clear about the basic formulations of the area as well as the perimeter of the regular hexagon and the area of a regular polygon can be given by:
Three root 3/2 into side Square which will ultimately come out to be 2.59807 into side Square.
The perimeter of the regular hexagon can be given by: Six into side length
Apart from the regular hexagon, there are several other kinds of options available in the world of mathematics as well in the form of a regular hexagon, convex, concave and various other options. So, being clear about every type is very much important because of the basic differences possessed by them. Apart from this people also need to be clear about the diagonal formula because diagonal is the segment of the line that will be connecting the two non-adjacent vertices of the polygon and the number of diagonals into polygon will be given by N into N -3/2. So, in the case of a polygon by substituting the value of N as six the answer will be nine. Hence, the hexagon has nine diagonals.
Some of the basic types of hexagon have been explained as follows:
- The regular hexagon will be one that will be having equal sides and equal angles and in this particular case every interior angle will be 120° and every exterior angle will be 60°.
- The irregular hexagon will be one that will be having the sides and angles of different measurements and all the interior angles will not be equal to 120° and the sum of all the diagonals will be the same.
- The convex hexagon is the one in which all the interior angles will be measuring less than 180° and the convex hexagon can be considered as regular or irregular depending upon the length of their side.
- The concave hexagon is the one in which the least one of the interior angles is greater than 180° and this is considered to be the least one vertex that will be pointing inwards.
Hence, having a clear idea about the technicalities associated with the shape and further being clear about the dodecahedron is vital for kids to ensure success in the long run. Further, kids need to depend upon platforms like Cuemath so that they have a good command over the entire thing without any kind of extraordinary effort or hassle in the whole process.