The procedure of assigning new customer requests to the most appropriate employees or the support services departments is called ticket routing. Traditionally, the process is performed manually. Although, some IT companies apply special software to fulfill such operations. To migrate to an automated ticket routing service, experts recommend business owners contact trustworthy companies (for example, Help Desk Migration). Otherwise, the entrepreneurs risk losing some data or incorrectly transferring the information.
Main Ticket Routing Features
Customer requests are frequently sorted according to certain criteria. Each company chooses such factors individually. For example, support services managers consider the following criteria:
- message’s language and problem complexity;
- level of income received from the client;
- urgency of solving the problem.
Such an approach allows avoiding conflicts with clients and provides the customers with assistance as soon as possible.
Why Is Ticket Routing So Important?
This procedure takes place behind the scenes. However, the process plays an incredibly significant role in increasing customer satisfaction with the company’s services. E.g., ticket routing:
- reduces the first response time (FRT);
- increases the first contact resolution rate (FCRR);
- boosts the velocity of problem resolution in general.
Incorrectly delivered customer requests can endlessly lead clients from one support employee to another. As a result, the company may lose regular customers and scare away new ones.
Algorithm of Ticket Routing Procedure
The specified process commonly includes the following stages:
- Reception of client requests. Customers may receive the applications by e-mail, phone, or using special electronic forms on companies’ websites.
- Problem identification. Here, support specialists analyze the information in a client’s request. At this stage, the experience of the customer’s previous interaction with the support service is also considered.
- Assign tickets to the appropriate employees or departments. The applications may be assigned to several specialists or teams simultaneously.
- Closing tickets at the request of a client or employee. If necessary, it is possible to reopen an application.
Under statistics, using automated request routing, business owners can close about 22% of client requests without the involvement of support specialists. And this saves not only time but also financial costs for maintaining customer service.
Benefits of Using AI for Ticket Routing
Manual distribution of client requests has numerous disadvantages. The human factor causes most shortcomings. After all, live employees make mistakes while sorting requests. This is because they get tired of fulfilling routine operations. Therefore, entrepreneurs frequently solve such problems by applying AI. The latter has, e.g., the following pros:
- round-the-clock work without reducing the efficiency of performing the necessary operations;
- processing applications at a speed inaccessible to a human;
- relatively low sensitivity to sudden changes in the number of client requests.
Entrepreneurs may find more information about automated ticket routing, for example, in the Help Desk Migration Service blog.